Field studies of soil
Static ground probing
The static ground probing is used to obtain the strength and deformation characteristics of soil in a natural bedding. The property of LLC Engineering Geology has the following settings for the soil tests by static probing method:
- The GeoMil 200 kN installation, produced by the Netherlands, assembled on the basis of KAMAZ truck. Heavy-setting laboratory is capable to push the soil to a depth of 50 - 60 meters. Penetrometer with additional sensors (piezometric, electrical, seismic acoustic) significantly expands the possibilities of studying the soil in the array, enabling both to perform and combine different methods.
- PEAK-17 produced in Russia is attachments to any drilling vehicle, allows us to solve common tasks providing the depth of researches by up to 20 meters.
Tests of soil stamp
The essence of the method lies in the natural modeling of the process of deformation, that is mach bigger, compared to the laboratory sample, volume of soil under a load corresponding to the load of the projected building. Static load tests (stamps) are conducted to determine the soil deformation modulus in natural bedding conditions.
LLC "Engineering Geology" uses the following types of stamps:
- screw stamp area S = 600 cm2;
- a continuous flat stamped round section area S = 600 cm2;
- flat stamps of circular cross section area S = 600 - 10000 cm2.
The flat punch holes are made to ensure the possibility of drained tests.
Tests of soil pressuremeter
The method is used to estimate the deformation and properties strength of soils, exposed to the borehole wall. The essence of the method lies in the application of lateral pressure to ground and measuring their deformation. Tests of soil lateral pressure is held in the radial wells electroair radial pressiometry PEV-89MK by a standard technique, according to GOST 20276-99 "Soil. Methods for determining the characteristics of the strain". Pressuremeter SEW-89MK incorporates a controller TEST PRK which allows to select the correct load and time parameters for a specific test in full compliance with the requirements of GOST 20276-99.
Electromagnetic Sensing (EDZ)
Electromagnetic Sensing (EDZ) is a direct method for studying the properties of sandy and clay soils in their natural bedding. LLC "Engineering Geology" is using lightweight portable design installation CNIIS Mintransstroy. Immersion probe measurements are performed simultaneously using dynamic current sensing and logging. Depending on a result of current logging, cut the division of geological and lithological difference species is done. According to dynamic sensing, physical and mechanical properties of soils are calculated. Small size and weight of the unit allows it to be widely used in the study of soils underlying foundation pits in basements of buildings.
A displacement vane
For clay soils and fluid consistency, peat and sapropelic deposits, loose sand because of the complexity and, in some cases, impossibility of sampling undisturbed addition during the drilling, vane shear test devices are practically the only reliable method to determine their strength properties. A displacement vane, the impeller is used to determine the specific adhesion and shear strength of weak soils in nature bedding by setting a maximum torque when rotating four-bladed impeller immersed in the soil mass.